So, you’re ready to buy your next home? Let us be the first to say, congratulations! This can be an exciting yet overwhelming process. Potential homeowners are faced with a variety of options and choices when looking to purchase a house. One of the most important decisions families will make in the home buying process is whether to buy a new home or a resale. We’re breaking down the benefits of purchasing a home at a resale value compared to those of a new construction home.
- It’s often assumed that buyers interested in purchasing an older home will have a little more room to negotiate. This will vary, as it depends on how well the previous owners maintained the house before putting it on the market. Homeowners should factor in costs of any updates or renovations that older homes may require. This includes flooring, appliances, plumbing and electrical work that will likely need to be upgraded.
- Resales are often located in well-established communities that developed over time. Lawns and neighboring landscapes are full of manicured mature vegetation that adds to the overall curb appeal of the neighborhood.
- Older homes grant potential buyers the opportunity to live in unique floor plans they can call their own. Home trends and styles are always changing. Homeowners seeking “vintage” floor plan styles may not opt for the newer modern floor plans being offered today.
- Builders are now offering more options for homeowners to customize their new homes to their sense of style. Insight Homes offers several floor plans with a variety of optional upgrades. Twelve different floor plans are available in our Hawthorne community in Georgetown, DE. When selecting our popular George floor plan, homeowners will have the option to choose from four different elevations. New homes in our Woodlands at Bethany Beach community in Frankford, DE, incorporate several architectural enhancements free of charge including carriage style garage doors, a front stone foundation, driveway entrance landscaping, and a premium elevation.With many available options to customize the space, plus extensions and creative uses of space you are sure to find an Insight Homes floor plan that works for you!
- New construction homes offer a slew of amenities and features that older home may not include. All of our Insight Homes communities are ideally situated in n Southern Delaware’s most coveted locations. The picturesque Peninsula community in Millsboro, DE has something for everyone, including a championship golf course, professionally-designed tennis venue, full-service spa facility, and a protected nature reserve. Located on the Indian River Bay, the Peninsula offers the perfect sense of “community” for homeowners.
- Although older homes may have the personal touch and feel potential homeowners are after, they’ll soon come to find that a majority of older homes are nowhere near up to code. A home in Delaware that was built ten years ago has no chance of meeting today’s building regulations. Insight Homes residents can rest easy knowing that their house is one of the most sound homes in Southern Delaware.
- Many new construction homes are being built with home efficiency in mind while homeowners purchasing an older home may need to invest in “green home” technology. Luckily for our Insight residences, energy-efficient homes are at the core of why we invest so much time and effort fine-tuning our techniques and uncovering the latest in efficient building materials. We feel that a better performing home requires less maintenance over time and saves you money in the long run.