Among its many assets, Sunset Harbour is located near one of the most popular beach towns in the state, Bethany Beach. Though it’s quieter and more serene, Bethany Beach is also family-friendly and fun.
- The beaches. Beautiful white sand, a boardwalk, surfing… Even though Bethany Beach is just 1.2 square miles, everything you want for summer fun is here.
- The water. If you love the water, this is your spot. Bethany Beach has so many bodies of water – from the ocean to canals and salt ponds. Whether you’re a fisherman or a boater, you’ll have plenty to choose from.
- The parks. From cozy town parks to sprawling state parks, there are plenty of places to enjoy the outdoors in Sussex County. Take a casual stroll through the Town Hall Garden, or go sailboarding in the Delaware Seashore Park.
- The attractions. Bethany Beach has a classic bandstand that hosts concerts all summer, a Farmers’ Market that runs from June to Sept., and shops that range from high-end boutiques to funky beachwear.
- The restaurants. You name the food, Bethany Beach has it – from fresh, simple seafood at Bluecoast Seafood Grill, to Italian/Mediterranean specialties at DiFebo’s, to oceanfront fun at Mango’s.
- The Nature Center. Open year-round, the Nature Center offers fun, hands-on activities designed to promote awareness of DE bays & wetlands. The 26-acre conservation area includes 3 acres of forested uplands, 9 acres of freshwater wetlands, and 14 acres of tidal wetlands.
- The schools.Bethany Beach is in the top-rated Indian River School District. There are two high schools, four middle schools, and eight elementary schools.
There are over 50 miles of beaches in Delaware, but we’re kind of partial to Bethany Beach. Come visit and see why!